Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holiday Season: Day 166

It wasn’t that bad being away from home during the holidays because I forgot it was the holiday season. Stores and offices aren’t making obvious that its time for thanksgiving, Christmas, or new years. But then I got on Facebook and I saw my family together and my friends off from school and it hit me. I got sick so that I couldn’t go to any thanksgiving celebrations and I felt sorry for myself as the holiday season continued, so I stopped checking Facebook, tried to sleep my sickness away, stopped going on the internet and watched movies.

I went to a friend’s house on Christmas, we ate cake and chatted, for new years went back to her house and watched movies. I learned that if you want something to be special sometimes it is you that has to make it special; I now know that a holiday is a holiday because I make it one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey my Mom found this blog and emailed it me. I'm a Fresno resident, I've lived in Amman for 5 years, I 'm finishing a masters in teaching Arabic. We'd (wife and I) would love to have you over. email me at jeremyhbullard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete